It was in February that I had ‘That Talk’ with Mum and 4 months later Jacky and I made an offer on our first home. In June we celebrated our 8 year anniversary and in July we moved in together. Learning to live together wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be, the first couple of months was challenging, but now that we have settled in moving out has been everything that I dreamt it would be and more. I love our house and I love being home.
I was just so content with everything….and then came the proposal.
In a period of 9 months both Jacky and I changed jobs, bought a house, moved out and are now getting married...a big year? A massive year! I am so grateful for everything that has happened.
Other highlights of 2006 include:
- All my regular eating & market adventures (Growers Markets, festivals, fellow foodies).
- My trips to Melbourne for work.
- Di's 21st @ the Shangri-la Hotel
- Helping Matty & the team pull off a pretty amazing suprise 21st.
- Celebrating Christmas in July at the Westwoods.
- Running Kids in the office day and then given a $200 Myer voucher from the firm to say thank you and later winning 'Employee of the quarter' for my efforts where I was given another $250 to put towards a holiday.
- Roula's Kitchen tea - the most awesome bridal shower that I have ever seen!
- All the weddings that we went to.
- Mum, you taught me to work hard and aim as high as I can.
- Sophia for keeping me grounded and never being afraid to speak your mind.
- Ex Hudson Guys - what would I do without you all??
- Mingo & Angii - for just always being there.
- Grumpy Face - glad to see you smiling, serendipity indeed!
- Tash - for always cracking me up.
- Mark - for letting me laugh at you =P and being a good sport.
- Sarah - for reading all my crazy emails and not pressing delete.
- The girls - we're growing up & growing old together.
- Helen - for all your wonderful food posts! Something I always look forward to reading.
- All the Xanga Guys and Gals, you know who you are! - new friends and old.
- Muz - not being bored to death when I talk about food & knives for hours.
- Tim - your cartoons.
- Jacky - You are my rock.