Thursday, October 06, 2005

Special Things

I’ve had 4 days off and I’ve really done nothing except sleep. I haven’t looked for work, haven’t cleaned my wardrobe, nothing. I have been able to catch up on my blog reading and comment during work hours! Ahhh the small things.

--------------------------------------------
Accessing work email from home a blessing or a curse? I’m on leave; I should have known better than to check my email. Now I am all upset because a candidate sent me a rather abusive email – something I really don’t need to deal with or think about till Monday. So to cheer myself up I thought that I would share some of my favourite and most cherished items.

This is probably one of the most special presents Jacky has ever gotten me. It is a brick that is laid at Fig Grove, right in the heart of Sydney Olympic Park Homebush. Jacky bought this in 1999 before everything had been built. This is something that was dedicated to me and will remain there forever, maybe for one of our anniversaries we'll go back to visit.

Our Crystalix Crystal, I know that there’s quite a few places that does it now but we did ours back in 2002 in Las Vegas (before the technology was available in Australia). There’s something so magical about Vegas, I can truly say that it was one of the happiest times in my life.

Scary to some, special to us. Back then the computer couldn't detect black hair so we look bald.

Just finishing uni we were so broke, $1 AUD was $0.50 USD we ate subway sandwiches all day long and the most ferrel looking hot dogs. But with a world trip ahead nothing could dull our mood. The thought of secretly eloping did cross our minds (we had already been together 5 years by then) but I guess at the end of the day it’s something you do once so we wanted to do it right. Imagine if we did go through with it we'd be celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary now!

I use to make so many cards, I love drawing, scrapbooking anything arts and crafts. I made most of these in our first 2-3 years together (back then I had a lot more time), you can't tell from the picture but I actually drew most of these freehand. In one of them I drew the bear using my mouse in MS Paint (had to keep a steady hand for that one), he's wearing a pair of South Park boxers that was part of my present.

Reminiscing the old days

Things we plan to do in the near future:

  1. Sydney Tower Sky Walk (I've just booked online for Thursday 19th January 2006 9:00am $109 per person - anyone interested? try get this time, the more the merrier!). Extra props to Matty for telling me about the Sky Walk to begin with!
  2. Bridge Climb - one day...
  3. Beach Holiday - We're saving, so going on another world trip is probably out of the question at the moment. Any cheap Vacation recommendations?

11 comments:

Riss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Riss said...

aww, that brick is so cute!

my workmate just went away here and she said it was divineeee:
http://www.forrestersbeachbnb.com.au/html/home.htm

Student154 said...

wow...
I didn't know sweetness came in so many flavours
Didn't think love existed in so many layers

Man! time to start a fam Em!

NfOrCeR said...

Sky Walk would be mad fun!

Lucky for me, work paid for the Bridge Climb.. sunset climb would be pretty cool, but more expensive!

PiCkLeS said...

Riss: the place looks good and seems close. I'm gonna look into it.

Bosco: No Bosco. No.

Joel: Back in Uni the bridge climb was so expensive. The stupid thing is now it must be double the price from when we first started.

Matty: Come! Come! and if we take pics then we can split the cost so we we dont end up paying really stupid prices for a few photos. I gotta edit the post to give you props for telling me about it to begin with.

PiCkLeS said...

Oh yeh I did book it for a Thursday though because I was hoping to get a few days off right before Jacky started his new job. But Mon - Thursday is cheaper anyway and I figured first thing in the morning before it gets really hot.

Anonymous said...

Ems, did you notice that I have a special brick to the right hand corner of yours declaring my endless love for myself??

PiCkLeS said...

hahha i did actually!! i wonder what the whole thing actually says..

Anonymous said...

Hey Em!
So you're going to the races too? I'm going next Sat... maybe we can meet up sometime during the day? I can't wait to see your outfit :)

PiCkLeS said...

Oh excellent!! I think the girls are trying to get the $30 member tickets. I've no idea what to wear yet I'm so pale at the moment! I'll email you to grab your mobile number.

Sarah said...

ncHa ha.....I noticed that too Betty!!! Well Ems, when u go back there, you will have to take Betty too!!!
U want cheap holidays.....A 4-day cruise from Tel Aviv to Turkey, Cyprus and Greece.....for total of AU$300...incl all meals, etc. Its true what they say about prices in Europe!!!!