I still have a whole cupboard of my things at Mum’s house (mainly books & clothes) which I’m slowly sorting through. While I was going through a box of old year books I stumbled upon a booklet with a goal setting questionnaire that I filled out during my yr 11 retreat (this was filled out all the way back in 1998).
Things you want to achieve in the next ………
• Finish high school and score above 94 UAI to get into commerce at USYD or UNSW
(Tick that off the list)
• Learn to drive
(Didn't do this till 21, but that was because I had Jacky driving me around everywhere)
• Find a stable part time job
(was with Ansett for 3 years then Baku for the next 6!...actually I’m still there)
• celebrate 1 year with Jacky?
(Who would have thought....we've now been together for just under 9 years)
• Save enough to go Schoolies
(Schoolies was a lot of fun!)
• Save enough to go visit my Grandma in HK
(did that a few times before she passed away)
• Prove everyone who ever doubted me wrong.
(Refers to my HSC and some of my relos who gave mum a hard time – ha! showed them)
• Graduate by 21 (depending on course)
• Buy a car or travel
(Did both! At 21 I bought a new car and went on a world trip to: Vegas, LA,
• Have a career in HR or marketing
(I did 3 unit business studies in high school and loved HR...I didn't really think that it would end up being my career!)
• Make enough to help my parents out financially
(Paid off their mortgage in October 2005, it was a lot of money. I never expected to see the money again and I was fine with that, but my parent insists on paying me back at the end of 2007).
• Help Sophia gets into Uni
(Sophia does NOT need my help, I’m really proud of her. She’s in her final year of her commerce degree at USYD sitting on a D average, she turned 20 three days ago and is getting paid more than me per hour!.......go figure.)
• Save enough money for a deposit for an apartment by 25
(bought my first home at 24)
• Meet the man of my dreams
(Had him all along....)
• Get married by 26-27 (I hope)
(Wedding is scheduled March 2008)
• Have kids
(I am excited about having kids...not yet though, maybe in 3-4 years or when we can afford to).
It’s so scary….I haven't touched or looked at this list since year 11 but it's as if I planned my own life all those years ago. It makes me wonder if I am just dead boring and predictable?
So now that most things have been achieved here are some of my 'to do' for the next 10 years.
Things I want to do in the next ………
• Get married
• Travel with Jacky to parts of Europe that I haven’t already seen (Italy, Barcelona, Turkey, Greece and the more remote parts of France).
• Use up my 112,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer point (that's like a free return trip to LA)
• Perfect my cooking skills enough so that I can hold a Chinese New Year dinner at our place.
• Eat at Tetsuya's (I still cant justify paying $180pp yet)
• Buy that Diamond Longines watch that I have wanted for the last 5 years (Can't justify spending 3k on a watch when we have a mortgage)
• Become a HR Advisor (I think, still deciding if I want this career path)
• Eat healthy and make exercise a regular activity
• Go on a trip with my family around China to get in touch with my culture.
• See a Lee Hom Concert Live
• Visit the Barrier Reef
• Live overseas? (this is a bit up in the air but very possible)
• Have kids
• Upgrade to a new house (build our own one maybe?)
• Upgrade the car
• Family holiday with the kids