Saturday, September 17, 2005

Tagged!

Tagged by Christian

1) Total number of books you own?
I really have no idea; the bookshelves in my room are full of textbooks and the rest I’ve donated to the Salvos. All the ones I couldn’t bear to part with are in storage downstairs.

2) What was the last book you bought?
Does a cook book count? If so then Bills Open Kitchen

Otherwise Grand Avenue by Joy Fielding, I have no idea why I bought this book, maybe because it was so different to anything I usually read. It sits on my shelf – I haven’t touched it……..another on my long list of ‘books to read’

3) What was the last book you read?
Harry Potter the recent ones are kinda dark, even a little depressing. I enjoyed the first 4 a lot more.

4) List five books that are particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order)

1. Any of the Enid Blyton books
(Because she started me reading from the Far Away Tree to The Secret Seven)

2. BFG by Roald Dahl
(Loveeed Roald Dahl)

3. Unmentionable, Uncovered, Undone Uncanny By Paul Jennings
(This Particular series was excellent! Not so sure about his other books though)

5. Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park

6. The Secret Circle Vol 1,2,3 by L.J.Smith
(This was during my Witchcraft, Vampire novel Phase - I think Jill lent me these books once)

7. Macbeth by William Shakespeare
(there was this crazy time in high school where I knew every line of Lady Macbeth by heart)

8. Not Without My daughter by Betty Mahmoody
(I didn't particularly enjoy reading this book, it scared me but touched me. It made me feel so lucky living as a free woman in Australia).

9. The Bible
(would you believe that in year 7 I tried to read the whole Bible word for word because Katrina did it?? I almost finished the old testament when I finally gave up. All that just to win a bet).

10. The Notebook by Nicholas Spark
(I love a good love story)

Ok that wasn't 5...by hey! In doing this exercise I found that despite having read many good books through the years; it's the ones that I read as a child that have stuck the most in my mind. I probably need to give a special mention to R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike as well - I use to be addicted to 'Scary Books'.

5) Tag five people and have them fill out the list on their own blogs (if they can be bothered)

1. Sarah
2. Matty
3. Vivien
4. Di
5. Tash

No comments: