Now that Jacky and I catch the train together everyday, I cook lunch for us to take to work the night before. Betty as requested, please find my recipe for beef stroganoff.
400 grams of rump steak, thinly sliced
Large bag of mushrooms
1 beef stock cube
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 teaspoon of cornflower
Salt and pepper
- Brown the meat and remove, place in a bowl to rest.
- In the same pot/pan, fry the onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Mix together the tomato paste and beef stock with a cup of water.
- Add the meat and mixture to the onions and mushrooms – cook through for at least 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a cup mix together cornflower and sour cream and add to the dish 5 minutes before serving.
Sorry for the dodgey pic!