Saturday, January 13, 2007

Banks Thai

Last night Baku held a thank you dinner for the Sydney stores (QVB, The Strand, Myer, Chatswood and Parra) to thanks us for the hard work in 2006. About half of the sales girls attended and it finally just hit me that I have been with them for 6 years!

During Uni I use to manage the City stores, design stock and train all the new staff. Once I started full time work I wanted to let go of all my responsibility; and progressively I've now dropped to a weekend shift one day a week.

I think that we were suppose to go to the Thai restaurant at the Bank's Hotel in Newtown but somehow we ended up just down the road at Bank's Thai on Enmore Rd. I'm glad that there was the mix up because the last time we went to see a show at the Enmore Theatre, we weren't familiar with the surrounding restaurants and had no where to go. This proved to be a great little find and I know that we'll be back for pre-show dinners.
Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the food because I was so caught up with catching up with some of the girls. The prices of the mains ranged from $12.00 to 18.00 (depending on the choice of vegetables, chicken, beef, seafood or prawn). There is a large variety to choose from with some of the specialty dishes hitting the $22 - $25 mark but overall the prices were reasonable.

Belated X'mas gifts....what else but Baku jewellery!

My half eaten chicken chilli basil ($15), I consider myself someone that can eat a lot of chilli, but even I found my chilli Basil dish to be a bit too 'my tongue is burning hot!'. This may have been only a one off as I didn't have the same issue when I tasted some of the others who also ordered chilli basil.
The decor of the restaurant isn't particulary fancy, it was a really hot night and the only thing we had to keep us cool was cold drinks and a few fans around the place. We found the owner to be a little pushy at times (trying to get us to order more than we could eat) but not to the point that it would stop me from coming again.
Bank's Thai
91 Enmore Rd
Enmore NSW 2042
Phone (02) 9550 6840

No comments: