Thursday, February 22, 2007

Be careful what you wish for

This time last year I had just started my new job and things were really slow. I told Jacky that I wished I had more to do because I wasn’t comfortable with doing so little. I should have kept my mouth shut because my workload has somehow quadrupled. It’s not all bad, I’ve been busy but I enjoy what I do and it’s taught me to work more efficiently so that I can do more in less time. My mid review last year went really well and they are now training me up to succession plan me into a generalist HR Advisor role (which is excellent for my career and the break that I have been working all these years for).

It’s also been great having Sarah back in the country, I run all my stupid ideas past her (and it’s a bonus she lives just around the corner). A lot has happened in the last 8 weeks but when I get home the last thing that I want to do is sit in front of the computer. My dad is still in the country for another week so I have been spending whatever free time I have with my parents catching up with old family friends.

I’m off to a concert tonight so I will leave you with some photos of a small cocktail party we threw recently. It's scary I actually dream about food in my sleep.


canapes filled with a tuna dip, feta and finished with a drop of cranberry.
Marinated chicken wings glazed with a Thai coconut dressing.

meatballs and vegetarian spring rolls (carrots & vermicelli)


Sushi platter, chicken skewers with a satay dipping sauce.

No comments: