Friday, August 20, 2004

Thinking the worst

In order to save $12 each day I meet up with two of my work buddies at a free car park and we walk together to work. I generally get there first and I’ll sit there listening to the radio until everyone else arrives.

This morning this guy parks opposite me and kept staring at me for ages, making me feel really uncomfortable. I just assumed he was another weirdo and must have given him the biggest dirties. Not knowing where to look, I pretended to play with my digital camera and was scared half to death when he came right up to my car and started knocking on my window.

Turns out that he wanted to let me know that I had left my headlights on; I thanked him for telling me and wished him a good day. It was such a nice thing for a total stranger to do, and I felt so horrible for thinking the worst of him.

No comments: