Sunday, October 08, 2006

Growers Markets Pyrmont - October

By now you know that I'm a regular at the Growers markets. I started coming here about 2 years ago and the popularity of these markets has grown enormously. Usually we get out to the markets at about 9:00 - 9:30am but on the last 2 visits I found that even this time was a little too late.

To be honest this was probably the first time that I went where I didn’t enjoy myself, it was just too crowded. I love coming here because it's relaxing and usually a great way to start a Saturday morning; instead people were pushing and shoving from all directions. I had a whole shopping list of what I wanted to buy (creme fraiche butter, apple juice, sourdough bread and smoked trout) but the lines were just too long).

Still we were here and we wanted to make the most of it.

We caught the end of one of the shows (for good food Month), this year they had a theatre and everything).

Doodles Creek...*tee-hee-hee* (yes I have a mental age of 5)
I don't think that I've ever noticed St John's first aid volunteers being at the Markets?


My mum use to have one of these trolley bag thingos, the prints have come a longgg way.
If the crowds remain as big as they are, I'm either going to have to get there by 8:00am or give it a miss altogether.

Good Living Growers' Market
First Saturday of every month
(Grass Area opposite Star City)
--------------------------------------------------------
Funny enough, I couldn't stand the crowds at the Markets but had no issues with the Crowds at Pitt Street Mall & Myer. I received a lot of gift vouchers for my Birthday and as rewards through work (work alone gave me $250 worth). So for the first time in a long time (since buying a house) I treated myself and Jacky to a little shopping spree.

Jacky left with 4 new work shirts and a much needed new pair of work shoes. I left with a belt, a new pair of heels, 2 suits (half price what a bargain!) and a new top. There is nothing like a bit of shopping to put me in a very happy mood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Doodles Creek"--tee hee I'm giggling like a school girl..."tit-mouse" tee hee.

PiCkLeS said...

Betty it's good to see that you also have a mental age of 5. I can see why we are friends =P

Anonymous said...

It was definitely crowded we got there at 8 and were shocked to see how many poeple were already there. It made taking photos a bit challenging with all the elbowing and shoving, but I see you took some great shots. Love the snags on the barbie.

PiCkLeS said...

LoL Jen your too kind! I was sooo unmotivated literally snapped a few and left, just too crowded.