The wooden floors have been polished, new carpet has been installed and the painting upstairs has finally all been completed.
Our TV, fridge, washer, dryer, microwave, dining table, small TV cabinet, two desks and a buffet was all delivered on Saturday. Jacky with the help of Jackson & Barbara put together most of the furniture (thanks guys) and things are starting to take shape. My back is killing me and I am no longer able to feel my arms. No matter how much I scrub in the shower I still discover paint on my arms and in my hair.
Still to do…
- Painting along the top and bottom of the walls downstairs i.e. (lounge & Kitchen)
- Painting all the window areas
- 2nd coat of paint in the Kitchen & Lounge areas
- 2nd coat of paint in the laundry
- 2nd coat of paint for the ceilings downstairs
- Sanding the wooden rails of the staircase, then applying varnish and lacquer
- Picking up the downstairs TV cabinet from Auburn and assembling
- Delivery of tall boy and dresser
- Going back to Domayne in Alexandria and getting back $100 because they screwed up our order
- Delivery of bed
- Clean! Clean! Clean!
- Start moving our stuff in.
Still to do (non-house related)…
- I have an absolute backlog of food posts, but I’m not sure if I will be putting those up because it’s been so long that the moment has been lost.
- Work is crazy busy, 800+ resumes to screen for summer clerkships, organising cocktail parties, firm presentations and throwing an end of Grad program party for my 2nd yr lawyers.
- Fly to Melbourne for HR retreat
- Taking Mum to the young Diva’s concert and Cirque du Soleil
- Post up photos from Emma’s hens night
- Emma’s Wedding
- House warming (aiming for late August but at this rate some time in September)
- Some where in between is my birthday
I'm looking forward to..
- My firm subsidised 30 min massage on Wednesday
- The day when I wake up and have nothing planned
- When 'the new place' finally feels like home