Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Day After

The corporate challenge went really well yesterday, I made an effort to enjoy myself and power walked the 5.6km race in just under 55 minutes. Not bad considering that I’m a self confessed lazy ass. After the race I went to check out Patrick Rafter and hunt for food. My friend Betty took an extra wrist band from work and got me into the JP Morgan Marquee which was way better than ours. It didn't matter that I didn't know anyone because I kept myself busy by scoffing down their sandwiches, sushi, pizza and spring rolls.

There was an awkward moment when Betty pulled some big Aussie guy over and said ‘Hey Emily remember Doug from uni??’ I looked at him blankly and it was obvious that neither of us had a clue who the other was despite spending 3 years in the same classes.

Jacky being the Prince Charming that he is, picked us all up and gave us a lift home leaving us to live happily ever after ….. That was until I woke up this morning … it hurt to roll over in bed and I experienced pain and aches in places I didn't know I had muscles. I wish I brought my camera but my company might release some pics at a later date.

My Hi Fi broke. This is Jacky’s attempt to fix it, it’s been sitting on my desk for 2 weeks.


My latest ebay purchase -More Lancome Juicy Tubes, I love this stuff!

Congrats to Luke who bought his first property last night!!




No comments: