Monday, September 13, 2004

*Choke* *Choke*

You know those moments where you wished you could dig a hole and jump in and die! Well if I could right now I would!

One of the girls came by and said – “someone’s painted the office toilets pink and green over the weekend and it looks really bad, go have a look”. I went to have a look and yes it was really bad.

So I came back out and I said to my friend, “Omg it looks so tacky that I could have done a better job!” thinking that we had paid professional people to do this.

As I sat back down at my desk I get emails from the office support team telling me that their manager who sat next to my friend had come in on the weekend and painted the toilets herself (who does that!). I feel so terrible; I’m trying to work out what to do now because I know she heard me, and that she’s upset (as you would be). I quickly rang my manager for advice who tells me to go say sorry in person. Whilst people from office support said that confronting her in person is a definite no no. They said it would be much better to write an email of apology so as to not blow things up unnecessarily. Not sure what to do yet.

No comments: