Tuesday, September 14, 2004

And then!??!

So what did I end up doing?

Well I felt pretty lousy for the rest of the day so I sent over an email apologising – it had sounded worse than I had intended. and never meant to hurt her feelings. Due to my outlook tracking function, I knew that she read my email at 11:45am but did not reply and pretty much ignored me for the rest of the day.

I felt horrible! Guilty, and was distracted for the rest of the day. The people from my team said I've never said a bad word about anyone and that really the other manager should just get over it, after all I was just being honest. They were totally against me approaching her to apologise any further. But I was genuinely sorry; if I were in her shoes I’d be very hurt with what I said and I didn’t want things to be awkward.

After work I waited till most people left and went up to apologise in person. As expected she put on a big (possibly fake) smile and said that it was perfectly alright and that she had forgotten already. She said that she saw my email and had meant to reply but forgot.

To get an idea of what she is like, she can be described as the eccentric type. She’s Australian with bright orange hair and married to a Malaysian. She speaks fluent Hindi and is convinced that she was Indian in her past life, thus regular trips back to India to be in touch with her 'heritage'. She really looks out for her team and is not as nice to those that aren’t in her team. but hey I’m just glad things are sorted…so I hope.

No comments: