Saturday, June 19, 2004

A weekend of good byes..

This week was a rather sad week filled with good byes and well wishes. My secretary Paula resign and will be starting as the national training coordinator for a major pharmaceutical company. I knew that this was something that she wanted for a long time and I feel so happy that she finally got it. But the selfish me is absolutely devastated! I have no idea what I will do without her. Not only am I losing an extremely valuable team member I’m losing a really good friend.

Thankyou so much Paula for everything that you have done for me, your help, patience, support and friendship has been greatly appreciated.




I also went to the farewell party of my good mates Sam and Vivian; they are off to travel around Europe and to live in London for at least 2 years. I’m going to miss Sam so much! Back in high school we did the same subjects and in uni we studied the same degree and dreamt the same dreams. At parties we would rock up wearing exactly the same thing. We even joked that one day we would end up working for the same company.

But she’s off in just under a week and I’m so excited for her. Having travelled to London and parts of Europe myself my heart longs to do the same. It so funny to see how everyone has grown up and the choices we all make. She’s going to have a great time and I can’t wait till I start hearing about her adventures.




No comments: