Monday, June 14, 2004

Minties Moment

I was at my friend’s dad’s 50th so you can imagine it was a room full of older people. I fill my plate up with food and park my bum on a seat nearby ready to eat the night away. The guy next to me decides to be friendly and strikes up a conversation with me:

Guy next to me: “So what do you do for a living?”

Me: “Well on weekends I manage a chain of jewellery shops and on week days I work for Hudson”.

Guy next to me: “Hudson aye… are you enjoying it?”

Me: “Well I recruit Accountants and you know what THAT’S like, with Accountants being the most interesting people on earth” *rolling my eyes sarcastically*

Guy next to me: “So you must know Alana, she’s from your city office?.. She placed me in my current role at Westpac; I’m an Accounting analyst there. Alana’s always calling me up to see if I need staff”.

Great! He was an Accountant and a client – if my fist could fit into my mouth I would have eaten it.

No comments: