Thursday, January 15, 2004

(Title goes here)

Surprisingly A lot more people actually read my blogs than I thought. I was really happy to run into an old high school friend who I had not seen in ages. So here I was ready to tell them the dramatic changes in my life and see what they had been up to since we last spoke...when instead they gave me a hug and congratulated me on my new job....needless to say that I was shocked that they knew. This same situation happened to me 4 times in a 2 week period (thanks for spreading the word Rodna! ahha). So I thought I really should make an effort to update my blogs for those who are nice enough to show an interest in me.

So I’m happy to report that work is still going great! I mean it's tough, but all jobs come with its pros and cons and for the most part I really can’t complain. I've finally been given my own portfolio so that's been a bit of a highlight to my week, you really get out of it what you put in. I have to work pretty hard, and I think I prefer it that way if I did nothing I would die of boredom, though some days can be really trying.

Went into work today thinking it was going to be rather dull, because the day was allocated to updating our own client relationship Matrix's. Walked in, and as a morale booster the company had set up this terrific breakfast for us...fruit platters, chocolate filled croissants, different pastries, bacon and egg muffins....there was heaps of stuff and it was just the best start to the morning; I was pleasantly surprised! And there was more food for me since every man and his dog is on a diet where I work (I shall share my views on this in my next blog) .

I’m not sure whether I’m allowed to take my annual leave all at once, but I have my fingers crossed. I have itchy feet again and we’ve still got our free frequent flyer tickets to use up. So...if all goes according to plan I might be heading off to Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand at the end of 2004. I love travelling; I kinda wished I had the guts to take a whole year off to do it the last time I went. But it’s cool… Jacky and I said that the next time we go, we’re going to do it in style!! So the only way that’s going to happen is a bit of hard work now.

And yes I’m still at Baku on Sunday’s, my boss made me an offer that I would be stupid to refuse it puts a lot of extra money in my pockets too! So yeh if you’re shopping in the city on a Sunday don’t forget to drop by!

Anyway really need some sleep…till next time

Emz

No comments: