Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Milestones

I’ve been pretty unwell for the last week battling a bad sinus and throat infection the whole office was getting sick and it was only a matter of time before my immune system gave way. As nasty as it all sounds it was actually a big blessing in disguise. I’ve been working my bum off lately where 10-hour days quickly turned into 12 hours plus, the pressure place by managers was enormous. Once again I had fallen into a rut without realising the impact it was having on me mentally and physically, poor Jacky would have to bear the brunt of my exhaustion and mood swings.

I was sent home sick on Friday and took yesterday off. Whilst I am still unwell, all the sleeping and rest has left me rejuvenated and it actually feels good to be back at work (did I really say that?). The world didn't end without me and my team followed up on what needed to be done (this was probably due to me bombarding them with emails from home with what each person had to do – I didn't realise that I had such controlling tendencies and remote access to your work email is a curse!).

Work aside we had a lovely dinner on Saturday night celebrating Mr & Mrs Westwood’s 25th wedding anniversary!! We bought them a silver Country Rd frame with a photo of their wedding day inside in black and white.

Seeing them reach such a milestone is really special, with all the talk of divorce these days it’s so nice to see a couple together and in love after 3 kids, 2 dogs, 3 fish, 25 years of marriage and 35 years of being together.


On a personal level I’ve been very excited, Jacky and I are about to reach our own milestone in 20 days – our anniversary of 7 years!! That’s 2557 days! I met Jacky when I was 16 (1998) started going out with him just before I turned 17 and haven’t looked back ever since. There’s something about that number 7 that makes you really stop and think…wow we made it.

Tonight we’re going to watch the Guy Sebastion concert; tomorrow we’re off to see the Lion King (second row seats). I can’t wait!
---------------------------------
My comments thing has been broken for a while now, I don’t know if it’s going to come back. If it doesn’t I might chuck a blogger one on.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

wow, congratulations! 7 years is a long time. I don't think I've ever lived in the same house for seven years. I'm thinking that soon, the bells will toll for thee? In a good way, obviously.

That was my attempt at being subtle, man I suck.

PiCkLeS said...

Thanks Tash! hahha wedding bells fair way off! I have very traditional parentsm, we wouldn't be allowed to move out together till we got married and engagements, married is expensive business...plus I'm still 23! ehhehe