Sunday, December 05, 2004

Hudson Christmas 2004

The 2004 Hudson Christmas Party was held at Cruise Bar Circular Quay. The Theme this year was Carnivale`!! Last year we had a cabret show, this year we had Brazilian Dancers in skimpy costumes and a capoeira dance performance.
The Costumes were excellent!! the alcohol was free and unlimited and the location was fantastic! I had the best night!! those who know me will also know that I rarely drink but when you work so hard you also play a bit harder.
I apologise to those who received weird phone calls from me late at night….I assure you that I wasn’t drunk (ok maybe I was)….but from what I gather I gave everyone a good laugh, and most of you won’t let me forget it any time soon. Fortunately there were no major dramas and I made it home safely in one piece (thanks for the lift Dazza).

I paid for it the next morning when I woke up with the worse hang over – I hadn’t experienced anything like this since back in the ‘Schoolies’ days. The light hurt my eyes and the room kept spinning even as I stood still. As a result I had to cancel my 10:30am appointment as there was no way that I could have driven myself there. I also became aware of the blisters on my feet, some had popped and it hurt. I hadn't noticed or felt them the night before, and had managed to dance the night away all in a brand new pair of high heels....yes...alcohol is an evil substance.
My head was still throbbing when I hobbled to work at the Sass and Bide warehouse sale later that afternoon. Despite the aching legs and arms, it was a great deal. For 5 and a half hours of folding, cleaning up and moving things around; I got 100 bucks and any 2 items of Sass and Bide clothing, cans of red bull and pizza for dinner.

Baku was really hectic today, the store was busy and the air con was pumping out warm air. Some of the customers smelt a bit funny and we ran out of packaging! I can’t believe that tomorrow is Monday; I haven’t even recovered from last week! Enough blogging I think I’ll go have a lie down now and catch up on the episodes of the Apprentice. Enjoy the photos!!

No comments: